Thread: Feeling Bad
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

((((hugs))))

Veritas, I've been going through similar things in my life lately, and I feel like "wow, just wow...didn't see THAT coming" and THAT has lately been brush offs, slammed doors, being ignored. And it hurts.

I've been praying like mad, doing guided meditations, and using the tools of the steps...reminding myself that I need my sobriety no matter what, and hurting myself further as a reaction to the hurt I already feel is just ME rejecting ME, when I need ME most...no good reason for me to treat me the same way they are.

I will not abandon myself.

What I am struggling with, like you, is trust. I mean...we are told not to isolate, but when we have a string of experiences where we put ourselves out there and get shrugged off or abandoned, or stomped on...we have to reexamine our boundaries...is the wise response to not put ourselves out there? Or is that "isolating"?

When I was fifteen I was walking along talking with my best friend, and talking about this very issue and she said to me "No one will ever appreciate you as much as you will."

So glad you brought this up here, I mean, I am sorry you are hurting, but now I know I am not alone. and you do too.