Old 07-12-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tommyh
It`s ok to stay sober

good topic
several things have proved hard
my wife and I have had 7 deaths in our families.2 was suicides.
One of the hardest was my Father dying when I was 1 1/2 yrs sober.
It was sudden and hurt a lot for both my wife and myself.It was hard for me to adjust to him not being there.I felt so lost.My aa home group and other aa friends helped so much.I feel like they pulled us thru that ordeal.
One month later we was homeless,and that turned out to be a 30 day nightmare.During that time,my aa friends did the same as when my Dad died,they pulled us thru by their prayers,good actions and good sound encouragement.

another thing is when the recession hit and we was in financial trouble.My job went down the tubes.
Like Boleo,I hit the road driving a truck,since I was a trucker anyway.I was lucky,I made it home on the weekends.It was a hard adjustment for me.Physically speaking,it kept me wore down and my mind was always in shambles.I couldn`t make meetings much at all.

However,I always took my AA books with me and solely relied on the 12 steps.I had to ,to keep my sanity.This job proved to be a force that drove me back to the big book and the steps,and my relationship with God got better.
I am still driving,and still carrying my big book with me,and still using it.Currently,my latest big book has one half million miles on it.I hope to one day have a "million mile big book".