View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Okay then just quit for today. One day at a time. I cannot look at yesterday to define my today and I cannot live today for what may be tomorrow.

For some, admitting they are an alcoholic and they can no longer drink is a hard pill to swallow. Some embrace it from the get go while others ease in to it.

I have learned that our experiences with our own journey are all we have to share but that is a big deal. It is our way of helping the other alcoholic.

There is a saying "Take what you need and leave the rest". Some do not like the saying as it seems to encourage that you should only listen to what applies to you. I don't feel that way. For me, it means to listen to ALL the stories that are shared, listen to all suggestions/advice that is given and then hang on to them. Then I use what I need right at that moment and I leave the "rest" at that moment, but I did hear it.

There have been days or weeks down the road that a light bulb goes on and I think "wow, what that person said is just how I feel" but I did not see it at the time. In other words I don't dismiss what I did not understand or did not apply to me at that moment but I tuck it way for later. More times than not that moment comes and what they said is what I needed to hear.

Take is easy and take it one day at a time.