View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Raspberry, I love the way you think we are all in a better state of mind! Yeesh! This place is a freak show of emotional instability!
I hated the thought of never being able to drink again, and rebelled against the idea continuously. I would make deals with myself, stop for a month, stop for a year, only drink weekends, only on holidays. The fact is for ME, and no one else, I can never drink again period. Because I am an alcoholic and I have learned over 10 years, read me, a decade of wasted years, that I. CAN. NOT. DRINK. IN. MODERATION. That is just the way it is for me. I also feel IMHO, that anyone who cannot imagine life without alcohol is an alcoholic. I suggest you read Allan Carrs easy way to control alcohol, if you feel it is more about control than stopping.
I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, or chase you from a site that supports every persons idea of sobriety,we each deal with our alcoholism in our own way here, a lot are on day one, some on year 10 and each individual copes in their own way. We are not as strong and clever as you seem to think, I wish I knew 10 years ago what I have had to face now.
I wish you all the best Raspberry on your journey, which ever path you walk.