View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
aw58

Hi Raspberry. I totally get where you are coming from a few years ago I went to a couple of counselling sessions about giving up drinking and she asked me if I thought I
could give the drink up, I was horrified and no way could I contemplate it. Yes I wanted to cut down and be a NORMAL social drinker..... ! OK a few years on, I now have accepted I cant do this I have tried and I should imagine the majority on here have tried to cut down , given up for a few months , tried to just stick to weekends made rules, Mine was no drinking in doors , only drink at social events and only 3 max. But as we know these rules don't last . I know I cant drink , I know I have to stop I have accepted this and I'm fighting my demons but I will win this time . You will get to a time when you accept what you have to do, the people on the forum who say you cant have another drink have first hand experience, it is one of the hardest things you will ever have to come to terms with, but one day you .. but try not to dwell on giving up something great you are actually giving up nothing but gaining so much more ...I suggest you read Allan Carr Easy way to control alcohol you can get it from Amazon ..