Old 07-10-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Ipanema

Lightbulb FOO (family of origin)??

I started a new plan today based on readings from this site. The person who is a Bully I will stop answering her calls. Then I will send a message in answer to what she wants (babysitting, help driving kids here and there, etc.)I don't mind driving the kids but she got to the point where I was driving friends of the grandchildren without the grandchildren in the car! The Bully is my daughter. She helped me financially for a couple of months (she is quite well off, of which I am glad for her). But that put me in a subservient position for all kinds of crazy things...no more. Thanks for writing that it's ok to not answer calls from friends and family if they are toxic!!! No explanations to her anymore about where I was, with home, etc. etc. So this is not really family of origin (which was an alcoholic father/bipolar mother) but the disease carries on down thru generations from what I have observed. My Higher Power has led me to this site of which I am so grateful. Also, I refused more financial help and said it caused too many problems. I didn't really need it anyway. She is worried I will run out of money. I assured her I will not. My worst nightmare is to live with her out of desperation. That thought has curbed any excess spending and I buy many things at the Dollar Tree. God provides everything I need anyway and has since I got sober 33 years ago. :rotfxko