Old 07-10-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
iwh

i apologize for coming off like the jerk, but psychology is here to stay it seems...

ok throw your tomatoes and then maybe give us a new place to thread, on SR I hope.

this is not all about the person who ends up the alcoholic! it's not!

i've been doing a lot of work and research on the friends & family of "alcoholics" in the psychology section of the libraries of the world & it's not so simple!

not all alcoholics are the same!

if you saw a clear cut victim of an abusive family and that person became an alcoholic, you would still place the blame on them?

things are much more complicated in real life.

i come from a very dysfunctional family.

the classic symptoms of an alcoholic, addict, abusive person, have been the psychology of my parents since i was a child, though they barely drink & don't use drugs illegally.

every symptom of what is supposed to be describing me describes them and how i was treated my whole life by them.

i have worked very hard to not be like that before i i ever drank, still do & still ended up with this addiction. i just need to get them out somehow and alcohol works while i find something healthier.

i am only now realizing how serious my problems are, especially since i am now in a position where i need their support, yeah....

anyway, it's upsetting to see this blame it on the one who drinks attitude still prevalent in recovery when you could predispose someone toward these addictions by raising them dysfunctionally, to put it simply.

even in certain recovery programs the addict is to self blame, when really in anything you can only take so much blame/credit for your self for anything, that it serves to make the person more sick or submit to another addiction or mind-numbing activity.

anyway, we need a place to discuss the natural causes of addiction from dysfunctional families because most of us still have to deal with them.

sorry to bring this up mom & pop loyalists; hey i care about my family too and want to take care of them, but my situation involves a psychology that i was raised with and know that many addicts share the same.

i wish i could say something fun or humorous or upbeat about it, but i'm bringing it up; let's talk