Thread: Various musings
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Macs

Various musings

Well it's Day 5.

I'm not sure why but I love the day count! Everyday I go without a drink makes me want to elevate that number further. It's like a personal challenge to meet the personal affront of alcohols hold on my mind and body.

Physically, I feel better today, woke up the last two days feeling like I had a hangover, but it cleared pretty quickly. Last night was the worst of two nights battling my mind over sleep, I guess that self medicating truly did slow my mind down long enough to achieve sleep. It's weird but I never thought about going to sleep before!

Reading through the posts I have decided to just remain a 'cold turkey', it suits my competitive personality and I love personal challenges! But also because I hate taking pills and or supplements, mom always said "if you are eating right and staying hydrated your body doesn't need any of those pills" Love you Mom.

I dropped caffeine at the same time as liquor so I wonder if the two of them are secretly conspiring against my mind with my body" those sneaky devils. Started a cleanse diet "raw veggies, leafy greens, beets, shakes and smoothies" to see what other benefit I may achieve!

Keep up the fight my friends