View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grungehead
Grateful

Restless, Irritable and Discontent

LOL I just erased a page long rant about my sponsor working the steps too slow and why he should change his style of sponsoring for me because I want him to move faster. I just realized that I chose my sponsor and he laid all of this out at the beginning and I agreed to it. The solution is to work the steps at his pace or find a new sponsor, simple as that. I'm just not comfortable in my own skin today. I'm going to a meeting at noon (and maybe another one at 6PM), and I meet with my sponsor tomorrow. After thinking about it I think it's more about the length of time I have with him and not the time we are spending on each step. I'm going to ask him if we can either meet twice a week or extend the amount of time we spend together when we do meet and see what he says (currently once a week for one hour).

I saved this part from my rant and sums up how I'm feeling:

In the past I would have liked a sponsor that worked the steps slowly because it would give me a chance to avoid doing them, but this time seems different. In the past I felt like there was no rush to work the steps. This time I don't feel like I have the luxury of time. I've had long term sobriety twice, both times I didn't work the steps, and both times I eventually drank again. Each time my bottom got worse. For the first time I am actually afraid that if I go back out again I will die.

I guess I need to share what I just said above with my sponsor tomorrow.