View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dman86

Looking for help

Hello, everyone. I'm just looking for a bit of advice about alcoholism. This might end up being a little long so I apologize in advance for that. I need help. I have tied so many times to quit drinking but every time I have failed. I have great things in my life. A new house, a wonderful wife, and a sweet little 5 month old girl. The only problem is me because I'm an alcoholic. I hold down jobs fairly well but today I quit mostly because I got drunk last night and I ha e a hard time coping with real life after a night if binge drinking. I'm usually always very nervous the next day and incapable of functioning properly because of the extreme anxiety. I would have just called in but my job has zero tolerance for call-ins. I'm jobless now and my wife is very upset. I'm ruining my life with alcohol. I choose it over the responsibilities that I know are much more important. I can't seem to get away from it. I feel hopeless and angry with myself. My mom and wife don't understand the alcoholism at all and think I should be able to just throw it down and quit. I wish it were that easy. It's like I'm being compelled to drink by something besides myself. It's very powerful. It causes all kinds of problems at home because my wife wants me to stop. I want so bad to quit. How in the world do I get out from underneath this massive rock?