Old 07-08-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sueski

Thank you all!

I have a bag with clothes and money hidden in the car (no more trips to Walmart in my pajamas) and a key to my sister's house. Phone and keys are in the bag, and near the door. I think I may stash some money in my desk at work (locked up, of course).

He is taking responsibility for some of it (the ridiculous drunken behavior that I just couldn't take anymore that night) - not all and certainly not enough, but I'm taking what I can get for the moment. I'm hoping he continues in that vein. Time will tell. He's never been violent with me in well over 17 years (that is probably the one thing that would be an absolute for me. My father knocked my mother and stepmother around. NO effing way will I live like that), but I know the threats are not to be taken lightly.

I hate that he is feeling all of this, but I am not the one who brought it on. I'm just the one who said "enough." My sister said the same exact thing about him looking/acting like an a-hole, lilamy! I think you ladies are on to something there. If you're behaving in a way that has to be kept "private" maybe that is a clue that you're not behaving very well, Sherlock. Come to think of it, my father was like that, too. That's why I DON'T want to be like that!

Working on that detachment. eileenmarie, I keep telling myself not to do something but to stand there. I am now understanding why the slogans are so important. PM me if you want to talk a bit more??

Take care, guys. Thank you. In a good example of self-care, I'm going to go get a cookie!!