View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 12:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
socallednormal

Originally Posted by human View Post
One time I really creeped out my friend when I started referring to myself in the third person saying "She (in reality, me) doesn't know I am in control and I can walk over to the store and steal while she is asleep and I won't get punished for it, but she will (I wasn't asleep - I was "she" AND the sleep walking zombie talking to my friend). That was it - my friend ran out and when he told me the next day what I was saying , I knew that was the last prescription sleeping pill I would ever take.

I finally quit it, it is too crazy what it can do to our brain chemistry.
Wow, that is creepy. I have a story about that stuff. I was on it for years, and I only have one story, but I think it's crazy enough to stand on its own. One night I took my dose while I was getting ready for bed, instead of while in bed like you're supposed to. I got distracted from going to bed by a friend who had visited, and started having a conversation, assuming it would only take a couple minutes and I could go to bed. But, it lasted longer, and my roommate joined in. Then, complete blank spot. Next, I suddenly "awoke." I was in a room that had nothing other than a couch I was sitting on. No walls even. I was sitting on the couch in this impossible no-wall room and I was in the middle of having a conversation with someone, but nobody else was there. Gradually during the conversation, the world began reconstructed itself around me and the room filled in... But it still seemed very much "off" somehow. And then my friend was there freaking out over my roommate's teeth. Over the next couple hours things returned to normal, and my friend stopped freaking out and my roommate was asleep, with normal teeth. I complemented my roommate on their recent artwork that was in the kitchen, and I got a strange look in return. Turns out after I blacked out, and I have NO memory whatsoever of this part, we consumed large doses of hallucinogens, which I depicted in the pictures I drew in the kitchen.