Old 07-07-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by dadof3inTN View Post
Hey y'all...My doc is opiates...I started using them when I came off of coke..yeah, dumb move..obviously...but I'm still alive!!...hey!!..Anyhow, I have to quit now...I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to slip money from work and out of our savings..where I'm hurting in my legs real bad if I don't take them for a day...where I feel useless and not myself without them..and where I feel theyre taking their toll on my health internally..
Im taking at least 60 mg a day, but more like 90-100...hydros, perks, and oc/rxy when I can, and have been taking that amount for a year, while taking them for almost 3 years total, the first year of which i took 1-2 10s a day at work...
I've read many threads from this site andgotten great info...this is obviously not going to be easy...at all...but i don't have a choice...it's quit or lose everything...
I need a friend because no one can know...period...i know it would help, but it's just not an option....
What wd timeframe am i looking at here as far as the pain goes? Is it okay to eat 1 10 a day in the morn to mitigate it for the first week?
Well you may feel down in the dumps right now, but arriving to the fact you really only having two options on your plate is a GREAT place to finally get to. That is when real healing can actually begin. I am not sure how long withdrawal will last, because I was into booze and not pills. Either way, withdrawal will suck balls, but you can make it through it. Once that is over, the work starts and you can really grow and change into someone you are proud to be. Good luck, and check back as often as you can for support and encouragement. I think you are really going to enjoy being free from your addiction.