Old 07-07-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JJames818

Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
I'm thinking of quitting smoking soon myself. I smoked for a while, then quit 4 or 5 years ago. Then back in February, I picked one up again and I was off to the races. I tried hypnosis, didn't work for me. I never tried acupuncture but a few of my friends did and they were successful with it. What worked for me was Chantix, but it gave me horrible horrible horrible anxiety and depression symptoms and very disturbing dreams, so that's not an option for me anymore. I think cold turkey is the simplest and best way to go. I found the website whyquit.org very motivational. Oh and on iTunes they have self-hypnosis programs to quit smoking, you're supposed to listen to it once a day. I have that, but honestly I don't really listen.

Anyway, good luck!
Whew...I quit for 3 years once in my early 20's, and felt like a 10 year old with the amount of energy I got, esp playing sports (duh!). But yeah...I moved in with roommates who smoked, and it was all over. Within a couple weeks I was "bummin" cigs, then I got sick of bein a bum so I started buyin packs. Been smoking ever since...luckily, just when I drink though!!

I'll check out those resources...THANKS!!