Old 07-07-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JJames818

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
My father smoked six-to-seven packs of Lucky Strikes for over forty years. I rarely recall him being without a cigarette, and he was crazy during his several brief attempts at quitting. My sister dragged him to an acupuncture clinic and did the treatment with him. My father didn't believe in aspirin, let alone "non-traditional" remedies. On their way home, my father threw away his pack, while my sister lit up. He never smoked again. My father was about one year away from what his doctor told him would be his safety zone in terms of developing lung cancer, when that's exactly what happened. His decline was painful though relatively brief.

My sister, also a chain smoker (and non-drinker), recently started using e-cigarettes with good results. She's now down to a 50/50 split (tobacco/harmless vapors) when she smokes. You can smoke them at almost any place that is "smoke-free" and has a rest room. There's no scent from the vapor, so it also doesn't leave that stale tobacco odor on you and your clothes. She told me that the cost averages out to about $2.50/pack.

There are currently two major brands: Blu and Finiti. Both are well regarded, but Finitis have lots of chemicals whereas Blus do not. I also learned that the chemical combination in Finitis can result in "alcohol intoxication." Talk about drinking and smoking together...
Wow so I need to look up acupuncture too!! Did I read right, that it helped ur father quit smoking, but he still passed away from cancer? Sorry if I'm mistaken It seems the acupuncture did not work for your sister though?

Also, my friends are getting into eCigarettes. One friend has Blu..the other I'm not sure. They are definitely a great alternative!

THANKS!!