Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
secretary

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Did I tell you guys that you're all awesome?!

HappyT4Support: This board is invaluable in sobriety. I'm so glad that my post helped you. I had another thread do the same for me yesterday. Someone who had long term sobriety was having cravings and it was pointed out to him that he wasn't really craving alcohol, something was missing and he had to find out what that was. I think that the need to drink does dissipate. However, the craving doesn't but it's not because you want to drink, it's because something is wrong and you want to do what always has been done to deal which is to run to the alcohol.

It forced me to say to myself "Ok, what is this REALLY about?".

The insight that you get on here is incredible, useful, and helpful. It's a great feeling too when you post something that helps someone else. The result is positive reinforcement that you've made a great choice and are right where you belong
So true Lady and I think that's why it's so hard to quit. It's hard to be honest with yourself. I'm only 6 days in but I can also see myself losing lots of buddies. That's why I'm thinking of going to an AA meeting, to meet some new ones!

I think of this now as my new Facebook. I love it here.