Old 07-07-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BoxinRotz

My husband was in a motorcycle accident - Part 1

He is alive but he should be dead.

On July 3rd, around noon, I had left the house briefly. He was in his pj pants getting ready to lay down, only to find that he took his bike out for a joy ride when I returned. At 2pm I called him. He answered his phone and he said, I'll be home. I'm on my way. He has yet to return still.

He totaled our motorcycle. Speed and alcohol played the biggest factor. He was rounding a left hand curve when he hit washed out gravel, started tipping to the left and tried to bring the bike up to center and laid the bike down on the right from over compensation.

He was out of control for 50 yards. He blew the whole brake system off the bike as he was careening out of control as there were no skid marks. He was thrown from the bike and ate pavement for 20 more feet before he came to a stop 10 ft off the roadway while his bike continued on the roadway and laid there.

A woman saw the bike and stopped to look for him in tall grass. I was told by the man who she ordered to call 911 that she held him until paramedics came and kept him awake.

He suffered massive head trauma as he was not wearing a helmet. He has bleeding on the brain and road rash from his right shoulder the whole way down to his feet and several lacerations. He did not break one bone in his body nor did he suffer a skull fracture.

He is still at the trauma center in the neurological step down unit as they have been detoxing him since the early morning or July 4th. He woke up yesterday and ate for the first time. They say he is going to walk out of that hospital and lead a normal life and go back to work. That's only if I don't kill him myself ( I won't but you all know you'd want to do the same thing if he was your husband so it's a joke)!

He has crippled us with this latest binge. He had purchased and drank 22 pints of vodka in the last 12 days which ended on Wednesday, minus the full bottle the police confiscated along with countless bottles of Monster Energy drink.

AND!!! As if the ass isn't lucky enough!!! I spoke to the Capt of the police department who is also his Capt at the prison where he works as a CO and I asked him what kind of charges he is facing because my little a-hole was drunk drunk drunk!!! They are not charging him with anything! It's just an accident.

So, now he is jobless because he drank all his vacation away. He used his sick time last year for neck surgery and well... you can not work with half your head missing. So we are about to embark on a financial BLOW OUT! All I can think about right now is how he told me to STFU and how I need to be grateful that he does not put me through hell! If this isn't hell, I don't know what is!!!

I can not use AFLAK because *drumroll please* They do not pay benefits to anyone who was under the influence at the time of injury! His BAL was duly noted at the hospital and prominently stands out in his medical charts as

He told me today that he is so lucky to be alive and he doesn't want to live without me. He doesn't want me to live without him and he is never going to do this again. I honestly and truly don't believe a word he says because I've heard it all before. So, I'm not holding my breath because I will die of lack of oxygen to the brain.

I am now our soul provider. He has not taken care of me like he promised when he married me almost 2 years ago on 7/9/11.

Happy Anniversary Honey!!!