View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
human

Sleep meds can lead to dangerous amnesia problems

Sorry to share this since you think you found a great solution, but from my experience it can cause amnesia blackouts - if you don't like not knowing who is at the proverbial wheel, take caution.

I ordered stuff on the internet that I did not remember doing, the weird thing was it was stretch mark cream and I don't have stretch marks and am not overweight. (maybe there is a fat girl inside of me waiting to get out?)

Another time I left recommendations on linked-in people's sites that I didn't remember writing, and they were rather embarrassing from a professional stance, (run-on sentences, bad grammar, and I sounded like I was in fifth grade).

Several times I had weird conversations with my adult son with his friend present that made him uncomfortable and embarrassed (like how life is nothing but death, desperation, and depression, and not worth living, etc). Not the real me at all. He did not like that person I became in my blackout state and I wasn't even overdosing on the medicine.

One time I really creeped out my friend when I started referring to myself in the third person saying "She (in reality, me) doesn't know I am in control and I can walk over to the store and steal while she is asleep and I won't get punished for it, but she will (I wasn't asleep - I was "she" AND the sleep walking zombie talking to my friend). That was it - my friend ran out and when he told me the next day what I was saying , I knew that was the last prescription sleeping pill I would ever take.

I finally quit it, it is too crazy what it can do to our brain chemistry.