Thread: OT--On a roll!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

OT--On a roll!

So last week I got a call from the new organizer that the original one referred me to. We had a great conversation on the phone--I think I will like working with her. She charges about the same as the first one, and she seems to have more time available and lives much closer to me (20 minutes or so versus over an hour for the other one--I paid a surcharge for travel time). She's very active in her professional association, so I feel like I will be in good hands.

I did some stuff on my bedroom to make it work a little better for me, got most of the bathrooms done, and I am now on a roll. I went to an unfinished furniture place and ordered new solid wood bookcases. I'm having them finished to match my other stuff. It will take about 60 days to get them, and in the meantime I can replace my flooring (which was desperately needed regardless of what the cats did to the floor). I have a carpenter friend who can probably do the flooring--otherwise I will hire someone else. I need it de-stinkified as much as possible.

NOW I have to work on getting the basement fixed up--at least the part furthest from the foundation cracks--so I can move the cats' litter box back downstairs. I got almost ALL of the junk pulled and put in one corner of the basement, and made an appointment with a junk removal service to haul it all away on Monday. I also posted my pool table, and a small bar that I have, on craigslist. Once all that stuff is out of there I will have a TON of room. I decided to put down a rubber floor on part of the basement floor so I can put some exercise equipment down there, do stretches and yoga. I have a treadmill that is taking up space in the living room.

LOL, I'm making searching and fearless junk inventory. My pile of junk:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P7070349.JPG (32.5 KB, 111 views)