View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DefofLov
Survivor

Hello Shana,

I am a 20 year old junior in college and I say to you to never give up your dreams. I have been wanting to go to college since I was eleven years old and I would let nothing get in the way of that. I mean absolutely nothing. Go to college. You dont even have to worry about the debt from loans and such until you are done.

College has helped me to recover from my toxic family in so many ways. They have given me free counseling, recovery books, and many other options to help me through. After I graduate, I will be ready for the world. I have grown so much in so many ways and it is not easy but believe me it is possible. If you can, I would suggest staying on campus and getting some distance from your parents. If they refuse to pay the tuition, dont worry about it, take out some loans. Hopefully there will be some federal loans available to you, you dont have to worry about those loans until a year after you graduate.

Talk to the college people, they will be willing to work with you. Rely on your toxic family as little as possible and take matters into your own hands. Do not be ashamed to tell the college about your situation, they will understand and try to help you the best they can if it is a good college.

I am cheering for you, please follow your dream. Please pm me if you need any further advice about financial aid or anything else. I will help you the best way I possibly can. (((((Great big hug))))

~Def