View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
renee18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Going Against My Parents Isn's Easy

Hi everyone. I have been having a rough time making a very important decision in my life. I am a senior as most know. I have been accepted to Ashland University. The is where I really want to go. My parents say no. It cost too much and i have to stay at home. Yes I lve my family but I want t get out of here. I have lived with my alcolholic dad for almost 11 years and i want to be able to be on my own and prove to myself first and then my parents that i can make it on my own. ALl I have ever hear from them that i will not amount to anything and all the negative crap. I want to go to collgeg and make something out of my life. I don't want to be where my parents are right now. Dead end jobs that pay nothing. Ia m 19 and i make more then my mom does right now at my job. That to me is sad. I want to become something and i want to help others. Ashland cost 25,000 dollars a year and that is a problem. I don't want to be in that much debt even after the scholarships and stuff but this is my dream to go to coolege. I weant to go but at what cost to me money wise and the emotional cost to my family because I will be going against them to follow my dreams. Can anyone give me any words of encouragement so I do not give up my dreams so I do not have to fight with my family.
LOve,
Shana, 19 high school senior