View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tommyh
It`s ok to stay sober

from the family Afterward,1st edition
a few things I use to help me stay on the right track

this first one reminds me all will not be a bed of roses,that we all have been damaged by my drinking and insane behavior in the past.

“Years of living with an alcoholic is almost sure to make any wife or child neurotic. The entire family is, to some extent, ill.” Let families realize, as they start their journey, that all will not be fair weather. Each in his turn may be footsore and may straggle.

a wise old sponsor I used to have said to me,any sobriety which don`t include my family ain`t much sobriety.I did a lot to make my family the way they are,and I am NOT to blame them at all.The blame game must be dropped right away.
Blame started fusses and fights in my house.
Since the home has suffered more than anything else, it is well that a man exert himself there. He is not likely to get far in any direction if he fails to show unselfishness and love under his own roof. We know there are difficult wives and families, but the man who is getting over alcoholism must remember he did much to make them so.

and my present sponsor showed me this prayer,which he calls the Family Prayer

So we clean house with the family, asking each morning in meditation that our Creator show us the way of patience, tolerance, kindliness and love.

and last,a few slogans have helped me out at times too

First Things First
Live and Let Live
Easy Does It.

these are a few things that have helped me at home
I hope the best for you and your family