View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gubersbunny

Thanks for the all the help.

But I don't think I'm making myself understood about why I'm asking for some advice to get started.

I'm not asking what to do for HIM I'm asking what to do for ME during this time of struggle.

I already know he has to make his own decisions and choices to get and stay clean and sober. I'm not trying do that for him.
I am trying to figure out how to handle my feelings of regret and shame in the situation. He and I are only a couple weeks into the recovery process and its been rocky as expected but some things I/we have said or done when it escalated into a fight I just can't get out of my head.
He stopped going to his meetings the last few days and just sits or sleeps all day saying he just wants to fade away.
I'm trying to stay positive and stay getting more involved in my side of our combined recovery and my personal recovery. But I just can't quite get the thought of me sort of kicking him when he was down with the fight out if my head.

I'm not really asking for anyone to fix my situation but right now I feel out on an island and everything I try gets me more lost rather than closer to being found. Maybe in just need to sit and tell someone how I'm feeling and just get it onto paper or something. Maybe i just feel like needing to whine a little about how lost I feel and scared I am seeing him hurt. I don't know

But thank you all for listening