View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Mightyqueen801

Originally Posted by whatisnext View Post
Looking for some advice. My ex bf called to make amends. We haven't talked in almost 2 years. I'm really caught off guard and not sure what to do. It definitely re-surfaced some feelings that I thought I had buried forever. I'm happy he is sober yet his call made me feel sad, happy, mad, hurt, excited...pretty much every emotion you can think of.
Has anyone else had a similar situation? Did you talk to the person? Ignore them? Did it help you or hurt you?

Thanks
Maybe it is good, even though it was painful in some ways, that his call helped resurface feelings you "thought you had buried forever". Burying isn't always the best thing. Sometimes airing them out, while uncomfortable, gives you a new perspective. Maybe examine those emotions in the light of who you are now instead of who you were then.

Just throwing this out there--feel free to discard what doesn't apply, of course!

I still have feelings I wish I could bury about the years I spent with my ex. We are still somewhat in touch because we have a now-grown daughter. That's why I'm still stopping in on this forum occasionally so many years after my marriage ended.