View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Mightyqueen801

Originally Posted by Katiekate View Post
Please take sometime to think about the effect this may have on you.

It may hurt you more that help you.

I personally would not be up for hearing anything my x had to say.
I don't know, I think if my ex said, "Hey, here's $50K toward everything I cost you financially with all the crap I pulled during our years together..." I might agree to listen to him. LOL.

On a more serious note, an ex-best friend left a message on my phone about a year ago that she was calling to make amends. She has made "amends" to me before. She is so insincere it would be laughable if it weren't so sad. She bounces in and out of rehabs and AA pretends to go through the steps, but she simply does not really want to quit drinking.

Amazingly, she did once--for seven years. She had a life--a good job, an apartment, a savings account--and then developed an illusion that she could have one drink with dinner like everyone else. During those seven years, we had great times--she was there with me through my divorce, we took trips to the Bahamas and Puerto Rico, did a lot of fun stuff. Eventually after she went back to her drinking I had to cut her off completely after she became so wet-brained she didn't make sense anymore. It's as if I had a friend who died, but as far as I know, she's still alive somewhere.