Old 07-05-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Hey, that's rough and I'm glad you're able to write about it. It's okay to write more on here or feel free to PM me, too.

There's still so much stigma around addiction. I firmly believe it is a disease but so many people don't, here in the U.S. or anywhere in the world. I wish I could say I can't believe you were denied medicine but unfortunately I can. It is amazing though since you went through horrid withdrawals and then they just put you right back into it.

I have a friend, non-addict and nonjudgmental that always reminds me that going cold turkey into withdrawals is NOT good for me. I know lots of people feel it's best and I think we each have to do what is best for us. But I know how hard withdrawals have been on my body and my psyche and it's just barbaric to force someone into it. I hope you are okay now.

My suboxone doctor said withdrawals are a lot like PTSD on the body and as I have both it really, really helped me to understand a lot when he told me that. I think it's going to take a long time for the rest of the world to catch up with that kind of thinking though. I think I am beginning to ramble, I guess I just feel angry on your behalf. Yes we are addicts but we are still human beings deserving of compassion and safe medical care.

I don't know what resources are available in South Korea but I'm glad you find SR and hope you will keep reaching out for support. I haven't read Allen Carr's stuff but have come across it. If you look in the stickies here in the Newcomer's section there are a ton of resources and links. Check them out, I know there are international resources too. Hang in there. You can and will make it!