Thread: Day One
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by bemyself View Post
NorCali, Grungehead raised the important point to affirm what you're experiencing - reduced tolerance. Some call it 'reverse' tolerance.

I don't know how old you are nor your drinking history. What I can say is my own experience: I'm 57 (and a half); I've had quite a few sober periods and quite a few slips and relapses. I'm in a relapse right now - though waiting to hear from my doctor on Monday to help me with a home detox safely. And, I certainly notice that I feel incredibly ill and drunk quite quickly with smaller quantities of the same alcohol I'd used for years (white wine).

Don't mess about with this, given you've noticed this reverse tolerance. It's not a good sign. I hope you can see your doctor or any kind of medically assisted withdrawal agency to help you stop drinking safely.

You are absolutely right!! Reverse tolerance is a sign that the body is just not able to keep up with your consumption rate and is backfiring. This can lead to all sorts of horrible health side effects if you do not change your habits immediately. I never even heard of reverse tolerance, but its indeed a real thing.