View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
veryready
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Hi Everybody. Nice to hear from Everyone. Sazzle its great to hear how you are getting into some new things. I do not know what a stone is, but good job. Its great to see people expand in a positive direction here on SR. It is funny though, as I think my drinking ties into being obsessive and now I am pretty obsessive about my exercise and biking. I guess it's healthy, but I do think sometimes that I get a little crazy with it. Oh well.

FMFT - Enjoy your sober vacation. My impression of you and Sazzle, if I were to know you personally, is that you are two pretty tenacious ladies. I enjoy seeing the tough side of you here, insisting on making this work. Thanks.

Nomis - Your post actually made me laugh, just because how similar what we all go through is. Your lunchroom story. So many situations like this. I always think of something great I 'should have said' after the fact, but usually it's just like you write. Basically stammering. One guy in our office last week said 'VR can't be trusted, he doesn't drink anymore'. I should have said FU or something funny, but chose to mumble instead. This is why I have started to hang on to the one day at a time theme. It will all come eventually and I just try not to over-worry on these situations. Eventually it will be no big deal.

Long story of why, but yesterday I flew to Phoenix and drove back to Denver. I got a late start driving and still had 5 hours to go and it was already midnight. i70 on the west side of colorado is really dark and windy but the speed limit is 75. My eyes were really playing tricks on me and I just had to get off and take a nap. I really don't drive well at night, but as I was thinking about how I couldn't drive any more, I remembered the times I drank and drove in similar situations, super fast and with great confidence. Reminded me how lucky I was. All I could think was how is this so hard, I've done this drunk... Scary thought.