Thread: Social skills??
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Plath

Thanks, Mike.
I am on the left coast, but in NA meetings people are expected to identify themselves as recovering addicts, and likewise in AA meetings, etc. It's nice to know that if I decide to go to an Al-Anon meeting, I don't have to identify myself as anything in particular.

We had a lovely Fourth with my friend and her kids, and everything was really nice and relaxed. We're planning to get together tomorrow, as we both have time in our schedules (I always have time in my schedule, but it's good to have someone to hang out with).

Of course I blurted out some blunt truths to my MIL and p*ssed her off quite well, but I've learned that that just happens between us sometimes. I enjoy the ride when she's being pleasant, and understand that it will cycle back to some sort of drama eventually, and try not to let it bother me (or if it does, I try to process it appropriately).

I said what I needed to say, not impolitely but not tip-toeing around the subject, and I suppose if she's offended by that it's really not my issue. I wasn't rude or inappropriate in any way this evening, so I'm going to count it as a win.

Thanks again, everyone. So glad to be back.