View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kcvalentine

Relapsing friend?

Hey guys,

I've been in recovery for alcohol addiction for almost two years now and I'm feeling awesome. When I decided to face my alcoholism one of my best friends also felt that she was also an addict. So even though we live hundreds of miles apart, we kind of charted these sober waters together. But we don't talk all the time because we have a lot going on in our lives and there is the distance factor. Anyway, a few weeks ago my husband and I drove up to meet her at a festival and while we were there she started doing shots. I didn't say anything at the time because she has a new boyfriend and it just wasn't the place. But then again last night she and some friends skyped me and she was wasted. So I sent her a text message this morning expressing concern and love.

Have you guys run into similar situations? It just makes me feel weird. Is she relapsing? Did she decide she doesn't have a drinking problem? And if so, isn't being wasted sort of a sign otherwise? I'm not trying to be judgmental or nosy. It's her life and I love her. I'll love her sober or otherwise (although sober is way more fun!). Should I feel weird that she didn't tell me she started drinking again? Should I just mind my own damn business? Haha!

I haven't been around in a while but I'm so grateful for the support offered here. I'm wishing you all well. Happy Independence Day and all that it means for you and your recovery.

Love,
kc