View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
lizatola

Thank you all for the responses. ShootingStar's response was so eloquent and gave me a lot to think about. I feel better about things today, not so overwhelmed. My son's hands are still peeling away and now he has a crack that's bleeding, but I need to take his lead. He's not worried about it and he knows the reality of his situation, which is to take it one day at a time and to just take care of the skin 'for today'. We are doing our best to make sure he is getting hydrated, starting some exercising at the park to see how he's feeling physically, and we're looking forward to the 2 weeks in FL.

Maybe we'll spend the mornings at the beach, maybe we'll take a few drives, maybe we'll hang with my grandparents for longer than they'd like, LOL. Who knows? I do know that no matter what happens, it will be the way that God wants it to be. There's a chance that all this happened (one illness followed by another for him) to help his heel get better because it would keep him from overusing the foot or further injuring himself. He is currently in the middle of a growth spurt and he was diagnosed with Sever's disease in his heel after he pulled out of a tournament a few weeks ago. He should outgrow the condition in the next few months but it's still bothering him if he doesn't wear the strapping that the podiatrist made for him.

So, I keep reminding him that there's a reason he's been off the courts for 3 weeks now. God' plan is perfect.