Thread: Headlines
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SecondMilitia

Argnotthisagain,

Though I could be one hundred percent incorrect, I do believe she meant the elimination or the removal of that aspect of a person. I also feel that we all need to step away from mere assumptions and questions if that was the person's intent or whether the meaning we drew from their words match with how we perceived it.

MetallicThorn,

It seems like you're still inquiring to have a better understanding of the situation. You have such colorful wording, but I am pretty sure you will be able to find the best way to express yourself; as I would always say, whatever feels comfortable for you and it is up to the readers to question if that was your intent or if there are hidden meanings between the lines and behind your words. I am grateful that you had this chat with Hero, maybe you've gained more insight to him as a person.

Also, from my own personal experience, I can understand where you are coming from when you state that you're gaining more insight on what might have contributed to his drinking and whether or not he simply was incapable of dealing with the current or past issues and felt it was much simpler to drown out and numb those exact feelings you're trying to find out. From my situation, I would have never known what my mother endured if it were not for her drinking and having loose lips and telling me painful truths of her past that no one else within our family would divulge.