Thread: Headlines
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Argnotthisagain

Oh, dear MT....

thank you for including me in your benediction, and for giving me the gift of your appreciation for my suggestion.

At this point, I'm really not concerned with diluting my thoughts with socially approved niceyness. You want frank appraisal? You're gonna get it.

I see a pattern where you are ignoring meaningful reflection of your blind-spots offered to you in the spirit of this board.

First, you claim to welcome all responses, and that you practice some kind of elevated moral awareness far above that of mere mortals, but then reply only to a very select few posts. That they are the comments which you can most easily intellectualize and manipulate to grandstand your super-intelligence has not gone unnoticed.

Second, the only feedbacks you are addressing are those questioning your verbosity. You claim that you are only being faithful to your muse, and expressing your true self, but your selectivity hints otherwise.

Ignoring questions and discussion regarding the real-life anguish people here are processing and sharing with YOU is highly insulting. You show brazen disrespect for people who have decades of life and experience beyond yours. From my perspective, you are experiencing all of this--your boyfriend, alcoholism, abuse, and us, the human beings you purport to be so empathically concerned for--as an intellectual game.

I would go so far as to say you appear to be using this board as an arena for your performance.

You remind me of a girl I knew decades ago who showed the same scrupulous Ethical Humility(tm) and over-intellectualization. She held her Multiple Personality Disordered boyfriend on a pedestal far above the rest of humanity, and by her understanding and Radical Empathy (she called herself An Empath), made clear that she regarded herself above the rest of us fat and greasy citizens.

Of course, as you, Gentle Reader, may have guessed, she was simultaneously conducting a clandestine affair with my boyfriend while pretending all manner of innocent motivations to the group we were involved in at that time.

You sound very much like her with your self-involvement and your mask of humility, and so--yeah, you trigger the hell out of me.

Finally, as to your writing:
As a fellow lover of polysyllabic sesquipedalianism, let me now kindly offer you three pieces of academic advice:
1. Spell and punctuate correctly (innocent typos excepted).
2. Use the correct word. i.e. "I think the world would be more aware if society didn't promote the deduction of intelligence and consciousness. And instead of speaking my truth, I've decided to live in it." You would sound less silly if you knew the difference between the word, "deduction" and "denigration".

That is only one example of many, just so we're clear that I'm not nailing you on an aberration.

3. Use the active rather than the passive voice. This is just a generally accepted tenet of good writing. Certainly you are free to disregard according to your muse, but understand that readers will respond negatively to it. The passive voice renders your writing less immediate, and more flatulent. Pardon me. I meant "florid". And tedious.

I thank you humbly and hope this is taken in the spirit in which it was intended.