Thread: Headlines
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MetallicThorn
Empathy is Revolutionary.

Responses 1

I wanted to come and answer some questions, comments and concerns I received.

Jad3d made the comment,"This is just called being Sober! And you have contradicted yourself here because in other posts you have commented that he is in a heightened sense of connectedness, etc when he is drunk and that he allows you in to his intimate space, etc."

Allow me to add clarification to the statement. I went and found the quote for you in hopes of clearing this misunderstanding.

This is what was stated in my post,"What's interesting is when he's drunk, there's an open window of opportunity into his core that he rarely accesses. Though he is always honest with me, sober or not, he then becomes emotionally available to me. ...And it makes me want to get to know him better now."-Underground King.

Jad3d asked,"Alcoholic creation story?"

I'm glad you asked. To be honest, it was simply the way my mind formulated the question. I didn't know another way to put it. I thought much like anything else, there's a beginning. And "alcoholic creation story" is what configured.

Argnotthisagain stated,"Well, if the writing doesn't work out, you could consider Talk Show Host"

Thank you for the compliment. I never thought about that as a possibility in terms of a career. Though it isn't something in the plans, if life(God,Universe) points me in that direction, who am I to say no.

Snowie71 stated,"I hope you do not take this as any form of attack, it is offered with a genuine desire to help you get more out of your posts and responses."

Oh, absolutely not. I can tell you truly meant it from a positive place. I will admit, Snowie71, you are right in your advice.

However, I have two respective concerns with this.

In my perspective,"rephrasing" my language would be dishonoring my integrity and authentic self. The way I formulate my language is what comes naturally to me and to deny that would compromise my sense of self.

Moreover, one of my convictions is, "Being and inhabiting the change you wish to see in the world." I think the world would be more aware if society didn't promote the deduction of intelligence and consciousness. And instead of speaking my truth, I've decided to live in it.

I appreciate each and every one of you. For those who simply read my post, "Thank you."

For, Jad3d, Argnotthisagain, Snowie71 and Hammer for responding, "Thank you."