View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Crossfitdad

Aaaahhh...the good old British nanny state...coming soon to the USA. I'm sure there was a time in the UK when people had a sense of self reliance. I don't want to live in a world where the government decides what is 'good' for me. Once you give it that power, that's it.

I've never really noticed the wine displays. But, I was never a wine person. I do think wine is one of the more sneaky and insidious of the alcoholic drinks. I never realized wine was such a choice of drink for alcoholics until coming to this site. I think now that wine is more dangerous than the other alcohols because is comes with a positive stigma. People associate wine with sophistication...from the wine tastings to wine tours. I think a lot of upper middle class women get caught up in this wine thing. Now when I think back I remember a lot of my colleagues at an old firm always talking about drinking wine...I never thought much about it, but could you imagine people sitting around talking about what type of whiskey or vodka they had the night before and discussing the different flavors, etc. I never understood the wine crap.