View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cb2001

in need of some quality advice

Hi....I was wondering if I could get some feedback on an issue I am currently conflicted over. My husband is a recovering opiate (Percocet/suboxone) addict. I am not sure of the amount he did nor am I even sure if that matters. He is a great father, has a great career, not many of our friends/family even know about this "problem"...he has always been able to disguise it very well...except from me...his wife and friend of nearly 20 years... I cannot imagine that he did an excessive amount...he has told me he would break it up into small pieces to do it as needed ? Anyway... this has been an issue for him and us for a long time now...me keeping catching him in lies to find out he is using again and again...every time it is the same story... how he will never go back etc etc.... I am getting tired of being a detective and it makes me extremely sad the amount of distrust that I feel toward him... anyway (sorry for blabbing!) My question is regarding drinking alcohol. This I know is against the narcotics anonymous philosophy... but my husband seems to think he will be fine to drink... he actually keeps talking about it and I need some info on the topic at hand! Thank you!