View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nowheretoturn1

Hi dee74, we have tried al anon but didn't get anything out of it other than to abandon her and we felt really uncomfortable and were forced into reading with the group. Sis has been admitted for the night to the medical assessment unit, but they have to test her bloods before they can give her any medication for the dt's or to help her sleep. They said if she wants to leave they cannot stop her so I just pray that she makes it through the night. She will be assessed in the morn for a 4 day detox program in the hospital but has to convince. The doctor that she really wants to be sober. To be honest I am not convinced that she does, although she is still drunk and shaking so still feel she needs a drink to stop the shakes. Hope I a, wrong and that she wants real help. A nurse told us that the rehab centre we are in touch with is not great as her mother lives beside it and she sees the, coming and going from it to the off licence beside it. I would have thought if you are paying big money that it would have been a secure building. Has anyone any knowledge of Cuban Mhuire in newry? Thanks again everyone x