View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Liz, I can never remember. Are you seeing an individual counselor? These sounds like classic PTSD symptoms. There are a variety of treatments to manage these including meds and therapy.

It sounds like the dog attack peeled a scab off an old wound.
Yes, I am. I see her tomorrow. She told me to watch for signs of PTSD, mostly because I was having dreams, fears of being out at night, startling at every sound I heard, etc but most of that has disipated by now.

For the first week after the attack, I couldn't watch TV much at all because of the violence, etc. Now, it's just screaming that gives me the creeps and makes me feel sick. I will talk to her about it tomorrow. Of course, I mentioned it to my AH and he just looked at me like I was weird but he still changed the channel for me.

I think the whole thing has enhanced my fear responses or something. I am already fearful about the trip to FL. Getting anxious about what I'm going to pack, fear about my son's health issues or whether we can stay healthy for the trip, etc. I keep reminding myself that I'm not going to Siberia, for God's sake, it's just FL and I have family and friends there. Yet, I just don't want to be away from home. I struggled going to Albuquerque a few weeks ago but once I was there, I was fine. So, I keep reminding myself that everything will be fine even if we have to turn around in 4 or 5 days to come home. No matter what, everything will be fine. UGH!

As for AH, he's actually been quite pleasant since I called him out on driving my car drunk and illegally. Been on his best behavior, we even learned how to play Chess this weekend and got along just fine. At this point, I'll take whatever I can get because I don't need the added stress from his side of the street.