View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Party123 View Post
Thats very true. oh the glamour of it all! Lies and urine... lol you have pointed out the obvious cons. But when i'm sitting by myself on the couch on a saturday night, trying not to drink and all my friends... (husband included) are at some warehouse party, I'm thinking... hmm not so much fun. I definitely struggle most on the weekend nights. When monday rolls around its a lot easier to start the quitting process. how long have you been sober?
Yes, it will definitely involve some major lifestyle changes. I know it did for me. I knew I had a problem and tried to moderate ( no luck there ) and quit many times over the past couple years. There are some places I no longer go, and some people I no longer see - but i'm OK with that now, and looking back the ONLY reason I went those places and saw those people was to drink.

You asked how long I have been sober - about 6 months. I still feel like I'm pretty new to sobriety though, and there are many who have been sober here for years - some for decades. And many of them were in much worse predicaments than you are when they finallly quit.

So the bottom line is, yes you can quit. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it - that's guaranteed. Stick around here an do lots of reading, and ask questions if you don't find the answers you are looking for.