View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
PickledPink

Party123- it is very hard to stay sober when your environment isn't conducive to it! It was hard, but when I first got sober 6 years ago, I had to completely change my lifestyle. And my social circles. I was 29, in the military where alcohol is a huge part of the lifestyle. I was an instructor and all of my students thought I was the "coolest" because, well, I was drunk 24/7 and really laid back. It was a total blur.

It's so hard man, but it gets easier. I'm not a perfect success story though, I've been drunk for about a year now. Threw away 5 sober because I sort of forgot how much of a problem I have with alcohol. I also live in the heart of the California wine scene, I have vineyards and wineries surrounding my property. I can't go grocery shopping without a wine tasting guy shoving it in my face. It's hard.

I also worry about my body as well. I'm almost obsessed with my dang urine, that's why I had to laugh at your post. Like, I'm trying to evaluate the smell, color, etc...just trying to see if I've gone "too" far and destroyed my kidneys. That's what sort of woke me up this time- if I'm that obsessed about what this poison has done to my body, it's time to take control. I was lucky enough the first time to escape with no damage, I felt really dumb for tempting fate.

Stay strong and it may be a good idea to see a doctor. Surprisingly, many of them respect the alcoholic who tries to get help.