View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nowheretoturn1

Hi everyone, we have tried al anon, aa, addiction counselling, psychiatrists, but she clearly just is not ready to be sober. I rang the psych unit earlier to see if they could admit her and they said no, but her go or a and e could. I explained that she was drunk and had been for 5 days. We then rang her gp and he said she has to be sober to be admitted despite what the nurse on the psych ward had told me. We then rang a and e and they said that they can't admit her either but that we could ring an ambulance who could admit her provided she co-operates with them. Cshe has said she will speak to them but I guess that could change when they arrive. I hate to waste ambulance time when there could be others more desperate but i genuinely believe that she isn't gonna make it out the other side of this one without professional help. Fingers crossed she co operates and gets admitted for the beginning of a long journey to sobriety. I know I am probably being unrealistic though but have to keep some hope x