View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Hi badass pals,

I, too, am very busy at the moment. Work sort of speeds up towards the end of the academic year when my reserves are running on close to empty. Still, 16 working days to go...not that I'm counting or anything you understand.....

Life with me apart from the usual work stress is pretty good. I'm learning to stay in the moment, have gratitude for the many things in my life that are wonderful and not sweat the small stuff. I'm learning that its ok to feel whatever I feel at any given moment, and not to beat myself up or over-analyse everything. I've still got a heck of a lot of things to work on (since I quit the cigarettes, my eating habits have turned totally weird...I mean they were always bad, but now I seem to be developing some obsessive ways which most definitely need addressing!!). But hey, this is an emotional binge eating thread which I gate crashed so I'm in the right place!! And for the moment I'm just trying not to get hung up over it.

I guess I'm learning how to live without being ruled by anxiety or fear. It's strange you know, I've kinda lived like that for so long that there's a part of me that misses it...weird I know! But I can't explain how good it is to wake up every morning without that stomach churning fear hitting me as soon as I open my eyes. So so good. And for the moment I'm happy to just sit back and allow myself to feel peaceful. I might be pulling my hair out at work, but hey, that's just a job and within my power to change. Everything is within my power to change if I want to, and that brings freedom.

So MB, my friend. I guess it's ok to feel a little low. We can't always be singing from the rooftops. Allow yourself to feel it. Know it will pass. Know there are steps you can take to change it but above all, you don't allow any negotiation with the beast. You know that will make it last longer and you feel worse.

You are my badass pal. Stay close and post whenever you need to. That's what SR is for! You will move past this xxx

Hi Bloss. How are you doing? X

Have a good day everyone x