View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
weightoflife

Originally Posted by ZenMe View Post
I would start with asking yourself, and admitting to yourself, how bad is it really? How do I feel about it? How does it affect me?
ZenMe thank you for your reply.

How bad is it...
I think it is bad since he usually feels the need to drink on the weekends and the fact that it is hard for him to have just 1 or 2 drinks. He is not an abusive drinker, but he is a careless drinker.

How do I feel about it...
I worry and get anxious whenever he starts drinking. I worry that he will have to much, I worry that I might say the wrong thing to upset him and start a fight that he wont remember (which hurts), I worry that I will see the evil side of him, I worry that he will suffer a bad hangover and have to see him weak, and I worry that I will have to leave him for it.

How does it affect me...
I get put off whenever he mentions that he wants alcohol, I become nervous and I feel disappointed. It puts me in a bad mood and I think others around me at the time can sense my uneasiness and probably don't want me around to rain on their parade.

I know that this side of him is unhealthy for me, but the other side of him is so great. He is the sweetest and most patient and gentle person in my life. He seems so normal when he isn't drinking. I don't know how to proceed? I want to help him so that we can be happy together. Can we ever be truly happy worry free?

Another thing I'm afraid of is that he will never see the severity of his drinking since everyone in his life doesn't see it as a problem. I think that they just see it as him having fun, and whats wrong with him having a little fun.