Thread: Is this it?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Needingadvice1

Hi smh,
I'm sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I found out my husband was injecting speed/meth around 3months ago but in hindsight this likely started 'recreationally' before then.
My last 3months have been hell learning of addiction. I've haven't actually witnessed him high (I don't think) but definitely when he's coming down. Even when he's 'clean' he's moody, snappy, doesn't help much with the kids & has little no interest in anything he use to love doing. The short time i have seen him the last 3months we didnt really talk. he didnt seem interested in much conversation & slept alot. He also just isn't rational in his thinking. Scary, sad stuff. Meth is really ugly.
He will be back & you need to decide what you want to do. Be prepared. As said above, hide belongings & car keys. I learnt the hard way!
I really hope your husband gets help (& mine!!) but it's only up to them. He will only do it for himself. Until then my husband is not to come home. I don't want to put myself or my kids through the crazy drug cycle.
Read up on addiction, read these posts they really helped me. You'll be surprised how similar many of the stories are. But more importantly work on yourself. That's what I'm trying to do.
Good luck & stay safe!