Thread: Is this it?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
OneNightAWeek

Your story sounds almost like mine, except my husband has been using cocaine and not meth. He too says it is just for fun, he is not addicted. He has been using only on weekends, and at this point the only person or thing being affected by his behavior has been me. I was doing the same things you were and it doesn't work. I made no progress talking with him while he was high, and none when he was coming down. Also with my husband I made no progress when I yelled, or made him feel guilty because he got defensive. He was never violent like it sounds like your husbands is, but he became very aggressive in specific ways. I let him bully me into doing things I didn't want to do for fear he would leave and destroy our marriage. I have had some luck so far in talking to him in between times when he is more stable. Two weeks now his behavior has improved, but I'm not buying he does not need help, and he is not addicted. Maybe not full blown, but he has a problem. I had been thinking about it for two weeks and today I called and talked to a psychologist who specializes in addiction medicine. I explained what was going on, and I have an appointment next week because of the holiday. It is for both of us if my husband will go, if not then I will go alone and get some advice. I wanted you to know your not alone, and no matter what happens you will be ok.