Old 07-01-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AlexaDaly

It would be wonderful if you could do it together! What a great support like dieting together!But if she doesn't want to, you will be a great example to her of how much better you will feel and how happy and at peace you will be! It is so worth it! If I can do it, anyone can! Keep coming on this site every day for inspiration! The people on here are going to get so sick of me posting this all the time, but the book "Alcohol Lied to Me" by Craig Beck will give you all the tools you need to quit and the reasons why. It literally changed my life! You can do this kiddo! My daughter is 18 also and completely surrounded by drinking as part of normal college-age life. It is scary to see! So many young people are on that slippery slope downward! You are doing a wonderful thing by getting sober! You will find, like I did, that your anxiety symptoms will decrease so much! Alcohol actually makes anxiety and depression worse! I felt better and more at peace after just a few days! Take a deep breath! You can do it!!!!