View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
unhappi

he was the one who went to the gp who wanted to get a home detox, hes the one who said he wanted to get off the booze so we can be together, i expected him to drink cos thats what he does , when he has moneyt he drinks til the money runs out, or he cant physically move to buy any more I dont think i set him up to fail, he failed because he cant have money in his pocket and not drink. You dont know how hard i prayed hed stay sober, perhaps if id had a day off we cud ve spent time together and he probably wouldnt have drunk, but i have to work and while im at work i worry constantly that ill come home to a battlefield. The constant stress is wearing me down. I dont like being insulted humiluiated and threatened, he may not be able to control his drinking but he needs to take responsibility for his abusive behaviour, It isnt acceptable for me to be to afraid to sleep incase hes going to strangle me , attack me in my bed or burn th hgouse down. Perhaps he made the effort cos he could see he was losing me, i dont know. I wish id known about alcoholics behaviour before i met him, then id ve stayed far away and not got in this heelish mess.