View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 01:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
sesh

Hi Sandi, I know it must be very hard what you are going through, and even though after all these years that you stood by him this must feel like the slap in the face, still somehow I feel that this acctually could be very good for both of you. To me he sounds very serious in staying sober, and if he is, of course that he will need some time for himself, I guess he needs to see that he can do it on his own, to help him feel like a whole person again. I should think that has to be a major step in one's recovery from alcoholism. Maybe he feels that you have always been there taking care of everything and maybe he wants to find out if he can take care of himself for a change. I hope you can see my point, even thought I might be completely off the track here, but I believe that you can not love other person truly and have a healty relationship unless you feel good about yourself. Maybe this is all that he is doing. And I guess after all that you invested in your marriage, this could be the last step you need to take. Give him the space he needs and be supportive, no metter how hard it is. At least that is what I would do if I were you.
I hope this makes sense to you.
All the best XXX