View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
OneNightAWeek

Originally Posted by Needingadvice1 View Post
When my husband came back after his first speed week long 'holiday' we had a real talk a few nights in from his return. He also told me he wasn't into it bad & didn't need help as he could just stop. Just like that. He'd been on it for around 6wks in total at this stage (well thats what i thought at the time) so i thought this could be possible.

He told me some crazy stories about the people he had been hanging out with, ie. the lies they told for money & the trouble they were getting themselves in to. He said he didn't want anything to do with those people ever again...1.5wks later he was back there...

I wanted to believe him sooooo bad even tho I had red lights flashing.

See how you go this weekend. You'll soon figure out how bad (or not) things are & how much more of this you are able/willing to take. it doesnt sound like you're quite ready to make any big changes just yet. Youve just got to ride the wave for a while longer until it takes you to that point. Just be prepared.

Goodluck, breathe & stay safe
thank you for this. really close to what Im seeing. The friend he says is hard into using coke at work. Some of it does make sense to me. This person started working with him only late last year. I met him at a work Christmas party. He was as my husband described, and has a lot of the signs of a coke user that I have read about. He is fun, charming, upbeat. He is just a little younger than my husband and they hit it off at work. Just a couple months after this is when I first found out my husband had used (before our wedding) but you know his guy friends were taking him out a lot before he got married, and I let it all slide. I never saw signs of a problem so I thought it would all pass quickly, I mean who uses drugs all the time? That was me. This behavior has only been going on a couple of months and it could be like progression. And Ive been reading if a person is addicted, or even if they just like the drug, then being around someone all day at work who is probably high part of the time, who talks about drugs, who goes with him to get drugs. Those are bad things. The friend I know isnt causing my husband to use the drugs, he could say no. I just want him to say no and walk away and come home instead.