View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Feeling down (OT)

Hi everyone, this is OT because it's really not about my AH, it's about my inability to let go and let God. My son and I have been recovering from a viral intestinal illness that really knocked us down over the weekend. We're both back to eating normal foods, taking probiotics, and feeling healthier in general. The only setback we had is that my son broke out in a weird rash when the virus was ending for him.

The virus has given him skin that is extremely heat sensitive and has affected his skin in different ways. He has bumps on his tongue, his feet and hands look like alligator skin, and he is miserable sometimes when his torso flares up from heat. He is supposed to be going up north with some friends on Tuesday for a 3 day vacation, his first without me and I know the kids were all looking forward to it. We're not sure if he'll be 100% by then. Also, next Saturday we're supposed to be leaving for a 2 week trip to FL, which I am very much looking forward to. So, here I am, worried about this rash, wondering if it will heal up in time, hating seeing my kid suffer in pain and discomfort, and then worried about having to tell him that his fun summer stuff may not happen.

The FL thing is a bit of a big deal because he worked very hard this spring to get his ranking up high enough to qualify. He was accepted into the tournament this past week, they only take the top 128 kids who apply and about 300 applied. He was very excited and it's so hard to think that you might have to squash your kids' dreams.

I know, it's 8 days away. I know I need to trust the greater plan that my HP has set for us. I know these things, but it doesn't make it easier to deal with it. Or, maybe I just haven't developed the tools yet. I guess I just need people to tell me that it will be OK. I keep telling my son, let's just take it one day at a time and we treat the symptoms as best as we can. But, I can tell he's already thinking about what could happen even though I haven't said anything about my own fears about FL. Man, I hate being such a worrier and neurotic mother, LOL. I wish I was like my own mother who was so easy going and handled these types of things with such grace.